Update #1: all submissions are in and the judges are picking their favorites. Check them here.
Aside from organizing our yearly 24hr Comic Challenges in San Francisco, I like to post challenges such as the 4hr Font Battle and the Crate Digger Death Match on my blogs. Which brings me to the point of this post… It’s been far too long since I’ve posted/organized an art challenge, so it’s time to issue a new art challenge: Make a pictureless comic!
A pictureless comic is an experimental form of storytelling in which the artist tells a story in sequential comic form (ie panels) without using pictures. Pictureless comics only rely on text, color, layout, and font to convey their story.
Here’s the challenge:
1. Create a comic with text only. No pictures.
2. Submissions must have at least 4 panels.
3. Submissions can not exceed 40 panels.
4. Submissions must be created between Friday October 30th and Friday November 6th.
5. All submissions due by 12:01 AM on Friday November 6th.
6. Submissions may be emailed to yoyogenius at gmail.com or posted in the comments below.
[updated]7. Multiple submissions are okay. You may enter up to 4 pictureless comics.
All entries will be judged next weekend (by yet to be determined judges) and a winner will be announced the following week. The winner will receive a free copy of the Abstract Comics Anthology courtesy of Leef at Mission Comics and Art!!!
Anyone can enter and I hope to post links to all the works submitted (so please include the name you want the piece attributed to and a link to your website).